Everyone and everything seems to have a Top 10 or Top 20 list so I thought I would provide you with my own. These may be interesting to some and completely useless to others but I thought it would be fun. These of course have absolutely no hierarchy, meaning their order is completely random and offer no value whatsoever. I hope you enjoy.
- There is no such thing as entirely boring, so much as merely uninteresting to a particular individual.
- A gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds.
- In market research, the term universe refers to a specific group of people.
- A person must ask the question “Why?” at least five times to get to the root of any problem.
- Most gasoline engines at an optimal internal temperature of between 190 degrees and 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Honesty still is the BEST policy.
- It may appear practically impossible to eat a meal in the Deep South region of the United States without having dessert.
- Not everyone from New York is from New York City.
- It is not uncommon for an automotive garage to not do the full alignment you paid them for. Sometimes they simply “set the toe and let it go.”
- I am writing this blog at 5:49am Eastern Standard Time.
- Writing #10 ↑ literally made me “LOL.”
- There was a world which existed before texting.
- In 1938 in Grovers Mills, New Jersey, people truly believed Earth was being invaded by Martians. This was the result of a radio drama hosted by Orson Welles titled War of the Worlds. There was a subsequent panic in which thousands of people actively tried to leave their home. One report actually suggested a man left his wife and young child behind as he fled in an attempt to save his own life.
- The English language has 600,000+/- words and is in a constant state of change. There are words added and removed on an almost continuous bases. The English vocabulary is practically 3 times the size of the next largest language vocabulary.
- Intelligence is something which is never addressed as desirable in a man by mainstream American society.
- Collective behavior (crowd behavior) was originally thought to be the result of the spread of a contagious ignorance which surfaced in one individual and spread like a disease to the rest of the people in the crowd.
- The majority of people who appreciate the ability to speak their mind do not appreciate others doing the same if those statements are contradictory to their own.
- In Northeast Tennessee there is a categorical term used to identify people who were born in New York, then moved to Florida, then settled in Northeast Tennessee. The term is “halfback.”
- Many “store brands” are actually manufactured by the same people and in the same facilities as the name brand counterpart.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, a victim of polio, spent the majority of his time as President in a wheelchair. However, in the media he was predominantly filmed and photographed not showing his wheelchair because he was concerned the American public would view him as weak and question his ability to lead the nation.
I hold the belief that life is meant to be fun and that we should always strive for happiness.
Life is only as interesting and exciting as we make it.
We were all meant for greatness, when will you accept yours?